Unsure about something? You might find the answer to your question below:
A standard class will include a warm up, a short conditioning section, a recap of a couple of previously taught moves (unless it’s your first ever session of course!), an introduction to a couple of new moves, a short combination to link the moves together and a cool down to finish.
A sports bra, t-shirt and leggings or joggers is ideal, as well as a warm hoodie and socks if the weather is cold.
Please bring shorts with you, although don’t let this put you off if you’re feeling really shy – we can cover some basics during the first couple of sessions that you can learn without shorts
In addition to the correct clothing mentioned above, you might also want to bring:
- A water bottle (you can fill up your bottle at the studio)
- Knee pads to protect your knees if you’re taking part in dance classes
- Heels if you’re taking part in heels classes. (Come and speak to us for advice on how to choose your shoes!)
- Grip aid (You can purchase this at the studio)
Please arrive 5-10 minutes before the scheduled start time for your class. This gives you the chance to pop to the loo, grab a drink and have a chit chat before we get down to business and allows us to start on time and without interruption.
You can find us next to Sparks Transport on Wells Road, Glastonbury.
The 376 bus stops just a couple of minutes walk from the studio and runs regularly between Street, Glastonbury and Wells.
If travelling by car, please park to the right of the carpark in-line with our signage.
We’re the cream building facing the road. We have lovely neighbours to the left in the red building – please don’t park in front of their home.
Please enter via the front door facing the road.
While it is important to ensure that you have eaten regular meals on the day of your class(es) and that you are well hydrated, eating a full meal in the hour before your class is not recommended. We have a vigorous warm up before every session and hanging upside down might not feel so good if you’ve just had your tea!
Of course – we are thrilled when you want to share photos of your achievements with friends & family and on social media and will provide you with ample opportunities to take photos and videos after each move or at the end of the class.
However, please don’t take pics willy-nilly – I’m sure you don’t want to see yourself picking out your wedgie in the background of your pole buddy’s photo when they post it on Insta?! Exactly…
Don’t be! Everyone is in the same boat when they first start and it won’t be long before you’re so caught up in what you’re learning and in having fun with your new pole chums that you will forget you were even worried.
Our Beginners classes are designed for just that – beginners! You will all be in the same boat as everyone else in the class, so there’s no need to stress! And we will encourage you to progress at your own rate.
Take a look at our ‘classes’ page for the full class descriptions to check if the lesson you’re interested in has any pre-requisites.
Please head to our T&Cs and read our cancellation policy carefully. Please do not ask us to make exceptions.
Lots of girls come to their first class on their own, but you will soon make friends and will find that you look forward to seeing your classmates just as much as attending the class itself!
Please don’t feel like this! Pole classes are for all shapes, sizes and ages and everyone is welcome. Part of the reason this form of exercise is so wonderful, is because it helps you to appreciate your body for what it can do, rather than how it looks and you may well surprise yourself by how good you feel about yourself by the end of the first course.
Yes. In order to provide everyone with a safe, comfortable and enjoyable environment, we have a Code of Conduct. This is shown below, but you can also find it along with our Legal Documents on our website.
- Please arrive 5-10 minutes before the scheduled start time of your class.
- If you are more than 5 minutes later than your scheduled start time, you will not be permitted to join in with the lesson as you will have missed part of the warm up and it will not be safe for you to participate. No refunds or transfers will be offered for missed classes due to lateness.
- If you know you are not going to make it for your lesson, please let us know as soon as possible, but no later than 48 hours prior to the lesson start time. This allows us to allocate students who are looking for make-up sessions a space and it also means we won’t worry about where you’ve got to!
- Please remove all jewellery – this can get caught resulting in injury to yourself and your teacher and can also damage the equipment.
- Please wear suitable clothing – see our FAQs for more details.
- Please do not moisturise on the day of your pole class – this makes the pole slippery which is a danger to both yourself and other students.
- Please listen to your teacher. They are there to help you progress safely and by ignoring them you may be putting yourself and others in danger.
- Do not proceed to your pole until you have received instruction to do so.
- Do not attempt moves that you have not already been taught
- Please do not teach other students! You are not insured to do so.
- Always make those around you aware when you are taking photos/filming, particularly if you will be putting this online.
- Please do not film your instructor demo’ing without seeking their prior permission.
- Inform the studio if you do not want images or videos of yourself to be used for marketing and promotional purposes.
- Keep the studio clean and tidy and treat the equipment with respect.
- If you notice any potential dangers (e.g. damaged equipment, a slip hazard) please report it to your instructor immediately.
- Do not come to the studio when under the influence of drugs or alcohol. If you do, you will be asked to leave and no refunds or class transfers will be granted.
- If attending Self Practice, please abide by the rules in the Self Practie Agreement..
- Please be respectful of other students and your teacher – anyone creating an uncomfortable atmosphere or not respecting the studio rules may be asked to leave and no refunds or class transfers will be granted.
- Don’t forget to be kind to yourself too!